The Federal State Budgetary Institution "All-Russian State Center for Quality and Standardization of Medicinal Products for Animals and Feeds" (FGBU "VGNKI") organizes in the territory of the Russian Federation a system for implementing state policy in the field of ensuring the quality of medicinal products for animals, feed and safety for animal and plant products in order to protect the health of animals and people from diseases common to humans and animals.
FGBU "VGNKI" has the Protocol of sanitary and healthcare inspection, that entitles VGNKI to work with pathogens of infectious diseases of pathogenicity groups III-IV, issued to each structural unit. The Protocol of sanitary and healthcare inspection officially confirms the availability of sanitary and hygienic conditions ensuring compliance with the requirements of biological safety, protection of the population and environmental protection in the structural unit (laboratory). The Protocols of sanitary and healthcare inspection are issued on the basis of the Federal Law dated March 30, 1999 No. 52-FZ “On the Sanitary-Epidemiological Welfare of the Population”, the Regulation on the State Sanitary-Epidemiological Regulation, approved by the Government of the Russian Federation on July 24, 2000 No. 554, and the Sanitary rules "The Procedure for Issuing a Protocol of Sanitary and Healthcare Inspection on the Possibility of Performance of Work with Pathogens of Human Infectious Diseases of Pathogenicity Groups I – IV, Genetically Engineered Modified Microorganisms, Toxins of Biological Origin and Helminths" SP 1.2.1318-03.
FGBU "VGNKI" also possesses the following documents:
- Accreditation certificate of the Certification Body No.RA.RU.11SS07 for carrying out the works in accordance with the scope of accreditation;
- Accreditation certificate of the Testing laboratory (Center) No.RA.RU.21FB02 for compliance with the requirements of GOST ISO / IEC 17025-2009.
- Accreditation certificate as the Inspection Authority No. RA.RU.710179 dated 12/05/2016 corresponds to GOST R ISO / IEC 17020-2012
- Accreditation certificate in the field of ensuring the uniformity of measurements No. ROSS RU.0001.310354 for certification of measurement methods and metrological examination of documents
FGBU "VGNKI" monitors the safety performance of the following products circulating in the territory of the Russian Federation:
- preventive, diagnostic and therapeutic veterinary drugs, as well as drugs used in breeding;
- vitamins, enzymes, premixes, probiotics and feed;
- feed additives, including those containing GMOs.
Disease diagnosis and prevention
- Scientific laboratories of FGBU "VGNKI" regularly carry out molecular diagnostics of diseases, viruses and contaminants in animals.
- The institution deposits and maintains the national collection of microorganism strains (bacteria, viruses, fungi, chlamyds, rickettsia, etc.) used for manufacture and control of veterinary drugs, providing the industrial enterprises, research and training veterinary institutes with them.
- The development of optimal maintenance systems, methods of storage and selection of microorganism strains is carried out separately.
Certification and monitoring
The institution conducts certification of enterprises, production workshops, departments and testing laboratories engaged in the manufacture, control and release of medicinal products for veterinary use.
FGBU "VGNKI" conducts registration and certification tests of domestic and imported veterinary drugs intended for use in the territory of the Russian Federation.
Innovations and development
Annually FGBU "VGNKI" under supervision of the Rosselkhoznadzor develops at least 10 methods which allow to ensure the product safety.
FGBU "VGNKI" is recognized as the coordinator of interlaboratory comparison tests (certificate of the provider No. К 01.039 dated 09.12.2013), which will allow the subordinate laboratories to confirm technical competence in the field of veterinary research.
A voluntary system “VET-Expert” for certification of personnel (registration number ROSS RU.V1130.04ZHLM0 dated 11.14.2013) has been created, that will allow to set a base of competent experts in the veterinary medicine.
The institution has established an expert organization for accreditation of testing laboratories (Agreement of the Federal Service for Accreditation and FGBU "VGNKI" expert organization dated 23.10.2013), that will allow to carry out an assessment of both veterinary and testing laboratories of related areas.
FGBU "VGNKI" is accredited to conduct certification of measurement methods and metrological examination of documentation, that will allow the department to carry out the conformity assessment with mandatory metrological requirements for measurements under its own steam.
The institution provides assistance to the Rosselkhoznadzor laboratories on the issues of national and international accreditation, coordination of activities under the Codex Alimentarius, metrological support of the Rosselkhoznadzor laboratories.
In the coming years, it is also planned to achieve optimal conditions for maintaining strains of microorganisms and transport them to national standard samples.